Still so very proud of this Raw Vegan Meal Plan. Teaches you simply how to make delicious meals, full colored pictures and everyday a low fat raw vegan caloric intake over 2,000 calories but under 10% fat. This will help you cleanse and lose toxic water and fat. This program will help you fell better, look better and give you a clear mind free of inflammation and mucous.
So many people have varying tastes and experiences with bananas. Many could have a Childhood banana trauma from eating them green and unripe.
A few generations before had a wonderful supply of bananas and were always taught to eat them ripe, like a cheetah with brown spots, that is the SUGAR!
So, I am hosting a retreat at the end of this Month and cleansing the clients 3 whole weeks before we arrive in the Outer Banks.
A few clients have told me in the past and during this cleanse that they do NOT like BANANAS!
Ok, well there are ways to get around that. I do suggest as you go along to maybe add a half a banana when you are ready to try to a smoothie here or there. Many times our taste buds are so out of whack, and we do not eat food at their ripest, it makes for strange flavors on your palette.
I do not suggest you start using nuts to thicken your smoothies. This can throw off your daily fat%, making it too high by making this a practice.
Chia Seeds, frozen fruit cubes, frozen veggie cubes, and oatmeal are fabulous low fat thickeners to yummy smoothies.
I recommend soaking all dates, and chia seeds.
Oatmeal. The key to using oatmeal in a smoothie is to finely grind it first. Use about 1/4 cup of oatmeal powder to bulk up a smoothie.
Chia seeds. Chia seeds can act as a binding agent and thickener. Add 1 tablespoon to your blender or simply stir chia seeds into a smoothie and give it a minute to thicken.
Avocado. Avocado has a different flavor profile (and color!) than banana but it can be used to make a very creamy smoothie. However, very high in fat, so as you know a little goes a long way, just use 1-2 tablespoons! How about go a step further and make some frozen, some avocado ice cubes. Just puree ripe avocados in a food processor, or a blender, adding 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon or lime juice per avocado. I like to pack the puree into ice cube trays and freeze it that way so I can take out just what I need for a dressing or dip with a perfect amount of fat
Frozen fruit. Frozen fruit can thicken a smoothie and provide natural sweetness. Try mango, peachor apricots, one of my favorites.
Freezing Cucumbers and Zucchini as well are fab ways to thicken a smoothie, and keeping the fat low. Did you know that Cucumbers actually become sweeter as they freeze. Just like bananas can do,Cucumbers also help soothe the gut and increase digestive function in a gentle way.Frozen cubes of zucchini have a binding effect to thicken up smoothies. Zucchini is also a fruit, higher in Vitamin C and potassium than bananas and cucumbers. Squares of pumpkin and butternut frozen call also add thickness and richness, added with dates or frozen berries keeps the smoothies sweet. Drops of vanilla in any smoothie will also liven up the sweet taste when using veggie cubes.
“This is an herbal medicine I have created for insect bites made from guava leaves. No cooking involved. Best to pull leaves in morning on new moon to extract all the healing medicine.
Instantly heals mosquito bites if you can apply the moment they bite.
Collect fresh leaves. Blend well in spring water. Put in covered glass jar and set in the sun for 2 days. Strain through a fine mesh bag. Put the juice into ice cube trays. Keep these medicine cubes in the freezer and use as need to new bites, minor skin infections, and rashes. Takes away itch quickly. Can also be used on dog hot spots.
Safe for children. Kids here suck on them when they are applying them to their “boo boos.” They contain vitamin C.”
I would have to say these are the BOMB Flackers! I am not the biggest fan of raw vegan crackers, but NOW I am!
munching mindlessly on boxes of crackers are such empty calories, fat and sodium, not a good way to thrive. The mix of arugula, with a tinge of lemon peel make the aroma while they are dehydrating mesmerizing. They do not take long in a dehydrator, about 3 hours one side on HIGH then flip and dry for another hour or so.. Score the flackers as soon as you spread on sheets. If you want to cleanse and get ready to learn the arts of raw vegan cuisine, be nurtured with yoga massage and , art and love, join us, we have 3 rooms for Couples or Singles, Friend, or family at http://obxspringretreat.com
Ingredients of Sunny Arugula Flackers
1/4 cup flax seeds, SOAKED in 1 cup water
4 cups (2 large) zucchini, peeled & diced
4 cups, packed baby arugula
1 Tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup white sesame seeds
2 Tbsp lemon juice, and 2-3 inched of lemon peel
2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup minced yellow bell pepper
1/2 cup raw SOAKED sunflower seeds
1/2 cup flax seeds, ground
1) In a small bowl combine the 1/2 cup flax seeds with the 1 cup of water. Set aside while you prep the rest of the recipe. This will give the flax seeds time to soak and thicken.
2) Peel the zucchini and dice into medium-sized chunks. You can leave the peel on if it is organic. Place 2 cups worth in the food processor, fitted with the “S” blade. Pulse the zucchini into small bits. Place in a medium-sized bowl.
Pulsing helps to draw the zucchini into the blades preventing it from being over processed.
Breaking this up into two batches will help in controlling the texture. If you try to process the complete mixture at one time you will over-process it, making it more liquidly.
3) In the food processor bowl, place the arugula in first then on top of that add the remaining 2 cups of zucchini.
4) By putting the arugula in first, the weight of the zucchini will help hold the arugula down and make it easy to process. Pulse together, but don’t puree it. We want small bits for texture.
5) Add; olive oil, garlic, sesame seeds, lemon juice, onion powder, salt and pepper. Pulse together until everything is combined.
6) Add the already processed zucchini and then add in the yellow pepper and sunflower seeds. Pulse a few times to combine everything. Transfer back to the bowl.
7) Do not process the flax seeds. Hand mix in the ground and soaked flax seeds, by processing it willchange color and texture, not in a good way : )
Stir together and set aside for 10+ minutes. Over the years I have found that I don’t like to add soaked seeds in the food processor because it adds a strange look and color to the cracker.
8) Spread half of the batter on the teflex sheet that comes with the dehydrator. Cover the complete tray from edge to edge. Repeat with the remaining batter on a second tray.
Dehydrate for 2-4 hours at 115 degrees. Remove the trays and make score lines in the cracker batter as to the size you desire. Return to dehydrator and continue drying for 8-10 hours or until dry. You can flip the crackers over on to the mesh sheet part way through the drying time but I didn’t (forgot).
Allow the cracker to cool to room temperature, snap the crackers into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Each day at the http://OBXSpringRetreat.com we shall observe the five elements within the human body.
Everyday in our lives, we nourish ourselves with foods from the Earth, and eventually, our body returns to the earthly matter from which it came.
Life sustaining nectar, water makes up more than 70 percent of our total body mass. Fire provides the body with heat and radiant energy and exists within all metabolic and chemical actions. Air flows freely throughout the body, giving movement to biological functions and feeding every cell with oxygen. Space is ever-present, humbly residing in the background, providing the other elements with an opportunity to interact in this way.
Each Day at the Retreat has an Element that is explored and celebrated through delicious cuisine, yoga, art and activities.
Email for details http://@firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday is Earth (Bhumi):-
The first element of panchamahabhuta is “Earth” which is translated at Bhumi in Sanskrit. This element is perceived by five senses that are Hearing, Smell, Taste, Touch and Sight. The physical body with muscles and bones refers to Earth.
Wednesday is Fire (Agni):-
The next higher element in human body is “fire”, agni in Sanskrit. In human body the temperature, jatharagni are refers the fire. It can be heard, felt and seen.
Thursday is Air (Pavan):-
The fourth element of panchmahabhuta is “air”, pavan in Sanskrit. Air can be felt and heard only; one cannot see the air. In human body, the oxygen and carbon dioxide in the body refers to Air. It is considered as one of the most important factor in Pranayama.
Friday is Water (Jala):-
The second most important element is “water”, jala in Sanskrit. This element has no odor (smell) but can be heard, felt, seen and tasted. In human body, blood and other fluid are refer to Water.
Saturday is Sky (Aakash):-
The fifth and last element of panchmahabhuta is “space” which is translated in Sanskrit at aakash. Space is the medium of sound but is inaccessible to all other senses. And as in human body the Athma (Soul) refers to Space.
Dairy products form mucus, which coats the digestive and respiratory tracts. Milk is not easily digested, and it’s also highly allergenic.
Here are some other facts about dairy products (milk, cheese, butter, ice cream, yogurt, etc.)
Most of the world is lactose intolerant. Most of us lose the ability to completely digest lactose by age four. As a result, many milk drinkers develop diarrhea, gas, stomach cramps, bowel inflammation and toxicity.
• Dairy sources are high on the food chain, which concentrates toxins, pesticides, and hormones.
• More than 20 percent of dairy cows carry leukemia viruses. Sheep, goats and chimps that are fed cows’ milk sometimes develop leukemia. There’s a great possibility these viruses can be transmitted to humans too.
• Studies have shown that the two most common cancers: breast and prostate are associated with dairy product consumption.
• Studies have shown that type 1 juvenile onset diabetes in children is linked to dairy product consumption.
• Casein — a milk protein — is a common cause of food allergies. Casein needs the enzyme rennin, to break down, but rennin isn’t present in humans after the age of four.4 Cows’ milk contains 300 times more casein than mothers’ milk.5 Casein, which is very sticky, is a main component in popular nontoxic glue. Casein coats the digestive system, leading to leaky gut syndrome, malabsorption and/or constipation. These all lead to a weakened immune system and toxic build up in the blood along with a host of other health problems that stem from the leaky gut syndrome (see the Assimilative Health chapter). Casein is extremely mucus-forming, due to its bacterial breakdown (putrefaction), our allergic response, and its glue-like nature.
• Pasteurization destroys all enzymes, including phosphatase, which is necessary to assimilate calcium, minerals and vitamins. During pasteurization, milk is heated to at least 115 degrees Celsius, causing organic calcium to become insoluble and therefore very hard to digest. Temperatures from 190 to 230 degrees Celsius are required to kill typhoid bacilli, coli, tuberculosis and undulant fever, but pasteurization temperatures only reach 145 to 170 degrees. Pasteurization kills some beneficial bacteria which normally keep the harmful bacteria in check. Within 24 to 48 hours after pasteurization, the amount of harmful bacteria doubles.
• Cows’ milk has twice as much protein as human milk, because a baby cow doubles its weight so quickly.
• Baby cows who drank pasteurized milk died in 30 days.
• Homogenized cows’ milk prevents cream from floating to the top. If raw milk is ingested, the enzyme xanthine oxidase is digested in the stomach. If the milk has been homogenized, fat globules from the cream encase the enzyme, which can pass undigested into the blood, attaching to artery walls and becoming abrasive. The body repairs these abrasions with cholesterol. The xanthine oxidase enzyme is a significant cause of heart disease in the United States.
• Bovine growth hormone (BGH), also called bovine somatotropin (BST), stimulates milk production. Synthetic BGH/BST causes up to a 25 percent increase in milk production.
• The reason you don’t want to be consuming growth hormone which is in milk, chicken and all meat is because it does just that! It makes tissues grow, which includes cancer cells which are cells that have mutated and already started to grow at an accelerated rate. When growth hormone combines with cancer cells their already rapid growth rate increases. This causes a tragic scenario. The average American has a sluggish to very weakened immune system. The immune system (Natural Killer cells and macrophages) prevents the cancer cells which normally form in everyone from getting out of control. So if one has a weakened immune system the cancer cells can multiply in greater amounts because the white blood cells aren’t able to do their job of killing them as quickly. Now to this we add daily amounts of growth hormone from dairy products, meat and chicken, causing the cancer cells to form colonies faster. We call these tumors and once tumors have formed it is much more difficult for the white blood cells (Natural Killer cells and macrophages) to get at and destroy the cancer. Can you see how dairy products, meat and chicken can ultimately destroy your health?
• Dairy cows used to live 25 years. Now, few make it past four years because of the BGH they are injected with.
• Even pasteurized milk can transmit papillomavirus, which may be involved in a number of human cancers.
• Milk may be related to the onset of childhood diabetes mellitus.
• Antibiotics are common in milk, due to cows’ udder infections. Those antibiotics are transmitted to humans, causing reactions in those sensitive or allergic to antibiotics, or causing the production of antibiotic-resistant bacteria in our bodies.12 One of these is sulfamethazine, a suspected human carcinogen.
• Pesticide from cows’ feed gets concentrated as it goes up the food chain to you and me.
• Finland has one of the world’s highest dairy intakes — and the world’s highest death rate from heart disease. Finns consume 11⁄2 times more dairy products than Americans; coincidentally, Finland’s death rate from heart disease is 11⁄2 times higher than that in the U.S. High fat, high cholesterol, and liquid meat (milk) diets are not conducive to total health and wholeness.
The fact that we need calcium is a poor reason to say we must drink milk because pasteurization or heat renders the calcium practically unassimilatable and of very little use to the human body. The average American gets 807 mg of calcium a day from drinking milk. Compare that to daily averages in Spain (308 mg), Brazil (250 mg), Taiwan (13 mg) and Ghana (8 mg).14 People in these countries get their calcium from other sources like broccoli, spinach, soybeans, kidney beans, almonds, rhubarb, collards, turnips, etc.
The amount of calcium we need is debatable. The Food and Nutrition Board of the Nation Academy of Science recommends 800 mg per day for adults, while the World Health Organization recommends 400 mg. But God made our bodies so amazing that we absorb more calcium when consumed in lesser quantities than when we consume larger quantities. In other words, our bodies know precisely what and how much they need.
The risk of osteoporosis (thin, frail bones) is nearly double in meat and dairy-eating people than in strict vegetarians.
The African Bantu women consume a dairy-free diet, and they still get 250 to 400 mg of calcium daily — half that of Western women — from vegetable sources. Bantu women commonly have 10 children in their lifetime, and they typically breast-feed their children for about 10 months. Even with this tremendous calcium drain and relative low calcium intake, osteoporosis is essentially unknown among these women.
If you still believe you must drink milk to make your bones strong, here’s an interesting fact: The five highest dairy-consuming countries (Finland, Sweden, U.S., U.K. and Israel) also have the five highest rates of hip fracture — a sign of osteoporosis.
Here’s another case point that shows how we assimilate more toxins as we move up the food chain, when we move from eating plants to eating meat:
The Environmental Defense Fund studied the breast milk of 1,400 women from 46 states. The study found widespread contamination of breast milk with pesticides. The levels of contamination were twice as high in meat and dairy consuming women as in vegetarians. Because pesticides are concentrated in animal foods, the study advises women who plan to breast-feed to avoid meat, some kinds of fish, and high-fat dairy products.
Multiple sclerosis is more commonly found in areas of the world where infants and children are raised on dairy products rather than on breast milk and vegetable foods.
To close on dairy products, I leave you parents with the following thoughts concerning your children.
Dr. Dan Baggett, a pediatrician, directly correlates cows’ milk with the following conditions seen in his office:
All of these conditions began to improve when dairy products were eliminated from the diet.
Excerpt taken from the book Total Health = Wholeness: A Body, Mind and Spirit Manual by Dr. Keith and Laurie Nemec. For more information go to Total Health Institute http://www.totalhealthinstitute.com.
One of the magnificent activities we will enjoy at the OBX Spring Retreat is to enjoy and learn how to Stand Up Paddle Board. Everyone can do it! We want to challenge your boundaries with beauty and the feeling of using your whole body in action. The thrill of SUP through a spectacular natural wonderland.
Between the villages of Duck and Corolla is the pristine marsh of the Pine Island Audubon Sanctuary. Miles of secluded water trails make this arguably the most intricate marsh maze on the Outer Banks (8 square miles). The National Audubon Society has preserved a piece of the Outer Banks as it was before man arrived. In their goal to save wildlife habitat they have also created a paddle boarder’s dream. One of the unique features of this tour is the solitude you will experience. Coastal Kayak has partnered with the National Audubon Society to offer this exclusive tour of one of the Outer Banks least traveled and most sought after wildlife sanctuaries. The tour starts with a 10 minute walk down the Audubon trail to the location of our paddle boards. From here your guide will lead you into the maze of islands through which only he or she knows the way.
Why SUP? We really want to teach you this amazing way to transport yourself over a body of water. There is such freedom involved in standing aboard the water.
SUPs allow you to explore rivers, lakes, creeks, ponds and coastlines from a different vantage point and they give you a great workout too while you are at it. You really can SUP on any kind a flat waterway as long as it is safe.You should not have a problem finding a flat waterway to get your paddle board on since most cities are founded on a waterway. Paddle boarding can also get you out on the water at breathtaking sunrises and sunsets. Using a gopro while you are boarding will get you spectacular footage.
All levels of fitness will be able to handle SUP. You can do varying levels of exercise on your paddle board from gentle gliding to sprinting depending on the type of workout you want to get in and your expertise in maneuvering the paddle board. At the OBXSpringRetreat.com we aim to get you comfortable using SUP as a fitness tool.Paddle boarding allows the body to train neural coordination between the muscle groups. It also helps to improve your concentration and the strength that it provides overtime allows you to perform a number of other dynamic activities. Balance, Coordination and core strength, SUP uses all your facilities, and all of your senses are engaged while on the water. What a whole Body experience.
Excitotoxins are a class of chemicals (usually amino acids) that overstimulate neuron receptors. Neuron receptors allow brain cells to communicate with each other, but when they’re exposed to excitotoxins, they fire impulses at such a rapid rate that they become exhausted.
Do you love anyone sick, tired and eat so unhealthy but they have no idea how to start?
Have you ever wanted to just immerse your loved one in an education and deliciousness of whole food? To learn how easy and fun to make low fat vegan food in the kitchen? To reverse the symptoms and help the body heal of chronic pain, illness and disease?
The OBX Spring Retreat is designed to nurture and nourish our guests while they learn to THRIVE with movement and and yummy food! Our clients enjoy fresh coconut water, juices and fully prepared Whole food meals by a fully staffed kitchen that make food with Love!
The food you put in your body is not only the fuel for activity but it’s ultimately the building blocks of your cells, so it’s literally true, you actually are what you eat. Unfortunately the typical American diet isn’t very nutritious. Most meals consist of overly refined, nutrient sparse, additive laden food.This is one of the primary reasons so many people are sick and tired all the time. Clean eating is the opposite. At it’s core it’s the concept of eating whole, unprocessed, “natural” food. The fewer steps food takes from its original form to your table the better. Once you’ve started to eat clean you’ll experience some amazing things
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: We will be coaching our guests in the month leading up to the retreat.
you see where McDonald doesn’t even put mozzarella cheese in their cheese sticks?? http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/wheres-the-cheese#.oqM05j7OGQ
the food is processed fake and not real, whole food. So if you give your kids mozzarella sticks I’ve got the most fantastic recipe for you to try and it’s so nutritious and delicious you’ll love it really easy to make too!
First make a Vegan Parmesan cheese: About 1 1/2 cups
1 cup raw cashews or slivered almonds
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
1/3 cup hemp or sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine the ingredients in a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Pulse on and off until the mixture is finely and evenly ground. Then transfer to a tightly lidded container and store any unused portion in the refrigerator, where it will keep for a few months.
Now take four peeled, chopped zucchinis with 2 cups of chopped cauliflower and process.
Squeeze the veggies through a cheesecloth, get as much water out as you can. Now, add half of an onion, two cups of fresh basil and 3 – 4 tablespoons of flax meal that’s been mixed with 1 cup of hot water.
Process well, then add 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup of panko and one cup of #followyourheart mozzarella cheese.
Roll into balls, then roll the balls in the Vegan Parmesan cheese.
Bake at about 375 for about 20 25 minutes or so.
Let me know what your kids think mind just love them